Question

Top Student
shahbaz_saleem
Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

WebCam is not working

laptop model: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1025tu

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5293853&rule=49988

I'm using windows 8.1 pro

My 

Webcam is not working, i'm using youcam software which i downloaded from HP Drivers Website after choosing my Operating System,
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5293853&rule=49988&

When basic drivers are installed device manager shows HP truevision cam, after upgrading now device manager show SPCA2082 PC Camera,

When i run the youcam software camera's light turn on but it shows no video....

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

Re: WebCam is not working

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand Imaging devices, right click on the HP Webcam entry and select Properties.

Select the driver tab and then click on the 'Update driver' button.  Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then choose 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

Remove the tick from the box next to 'Show compatible hardware'.  Under the Manufacturer column, left click 'Microsoft' to high light the entry and then select 'USB Video Device'.  Click next to install the driver.

When done, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
shahbaz_saleem
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

I did the process as you described, but still it is not working. The Problem happened when i upgrade win 7 to windows 8.1.

thanks

Top Student
shahbaz_saleem
Message 4 of 4 (219 Views)

anyone having another solution??????
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation