Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have an HP 8510p laptop.  Actually, two of them.  

One died a couple months ago.  I hit the power button, with battery in and AC plug connected, and the charging light on the front left side of the machine blinks 8 times, nothing else happens. 

I recently moved and have not plugged in my main laptop (just shut lid to hibernate).  It was not used for about 4 days.  Now, it is doing the same thing.

Come to think of it, I do some basic PC repair.  I had an HP DV7 and an older Compaq model, both had issues like this.  Any help?  Googling "charger light blinks 8 times" returns nothing.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please look at this:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674#N1171

Sadly to say, could be a bad motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.