Re: When will HP roll out drivers for Windows 8.1? (225 Views)
Tutor
Ashesh
Message 1 of 7 (477 Views)
Accepted Solution

When will HP roll out drivers for Windows 8.1?

Hi,

I recntly updated to Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit  on my HP ENVY 4 1103 TX.

after the update i am facing the following issues-

1) Wireless Button wont work properly (N0 Amber light).

2)AMD Graphics driver crashes randomy.

3)High battery consumption and fan speed.

I updated Hp support assistant for Windows 8.1 (at http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-125683-1&cc=us&dlc=en&docna...)

but it can not find any driver updates for my ultrabook.

i am very much sure that the issues are due to a few un compitable drivers, what should i do?

Is hp working on the drivers?

what are my other options?

Honor Student
NolanRoss
Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

Re: When will HP roll out drivers for Windows 8.1?

I too am waiting for the same. It has been over 2 months and they have not rolled the drivers. In this tech age 2 month is a long time. If we contact customer support they tell us not to upgrade to windows 8.1. I have envy touch smart with 4th gen i7 processor. After buying this high end laptop they tell that don’t use the latest Operating system. This is ridiculous. 

Tutor
Ashesh
Message 3 of 7 (404 Views)

Totally Agree with you. After buying a desktop an ultrabook and 2 tablets I think i will have to stop buying Hp products from now on.
HP HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING!
Tutor
Ashesh
Message 4 of 7 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]

I checked today And i will do it again tomorrow, Its hardly 9 month,  I got this laptop and hp has already abandoned my model, its a new one..Rs64,000 for what?

I was under the impression that Hp is known for its after sales services but may be I got it all wrong, no replies from any senior member too.

I will post a pic EVERYDAY until my Model gets an update and all the driver issues are solved.

Retired
OrnahP
Message 5 of 7 (373 Views)

Please remember that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

Tutor
Ashesh
Message 6 of 7 (368 Views)

Am sorry if I have behaved rudely. Am new around here and quite upset too.
I wrote an email including a link to this post.
Thank you for helping out and correcting me. :-)
Tutor
Ashesh
Message 7 of 7 (225 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation