Why not come back to buy HP? (2090 Views)
Top Student
Raul
Message 1 of 5 (2,090 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why not come back to buy HP?

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv6423om (serial number CNF7230CXM, product number GA450UA#ABA ) in September 2007 in Miami and had the following problems:

1. Because it delivers its products without testing.
2. The webcam was not working and I could solve this problem by removing the driver that comes from the factory and installing the driver from Acer.
3. The Wireless sometimes works and sometimes not
4. It is currently shut down unexpectedly because of temperature, and have the latest BIOS (F.40).

As I live in Argentina, tried to enforce the extended warranty in this country, HP recognizes that my model (GA450UA) has those problems, but repairing HP Argentina charge me for repair, and repaired only if you get a replacement, because They do not import from the USA for having bought the laptop in another country.

Summing up, I bought a new product from a company that would seem, have said that Global Warranty: IT IS A LIE and lost a laptop!.

Do not buy HP!.

Grad Student
KazooTom
Message 2 of 5 (2,053 Views)

Re: Why not come back to buy HP?

Have you considered contacting HP customer service and requesting a box to ship the computer back to the US for service. As the computer was purchased in the US, I believe they would be obligated to honor their warranty and provide repair in the US. In Argentina your computer would be considered a "grey market" computer. Not unlike purchasing a US model Nikon or Canon digital camera, no problem with US warranty, but it would be considered grey market in any other country. If I bought the same model Nikon in Europe, it would not be serviced in the US.
dv7t-1000CTO Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
dv6-1350us Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 5 (2,026 Views)

I agree with KazooTom..couldn't hurt to try:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Raul
Message 4 of 5 (2,006 Views)

Thank you for responding.

Because the shipment from Argentina to the U.S. costs $ 200 or sy really did arrange for a service (non-HP) here in Argentina, where he changed the video chip that amount.

Regards
Top Student
Raul
Message 5 of 5 (1,856 Views)

for this reason, AND:
1. because THEY ARE not professional,
2. improvised
3. make "laptops" without testing

I DECIDE NEVER MORE I BUY HP

posts here to learn how to defraud people

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation