Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi Keyboard Button LED Indicator is blinking. I think the LED failing soon. It didn't use to blink. It has been about two and the half years since I bought it. And, I switch it on almost every single day for about 10 hours. The performance of the Wi-Fi isn't affected. Signal strength of my home Wi-Fi remains the same. Speed of opening webpages remain the same too.

WiFi LED blinks occasionally (not in a repeatitive pattern)  with direct power without battery. It also occasionally blinks when powering by laptop battery only.

HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx Entertainment Notebook PC

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Huanwei ,

Thank you for posting your concerns. 

I grasp that the WiFi light on the keyboard blinks occasionally, but your WiFi is not affected.

The blinking is usually an indication that you have lost connectivity.

If you view  a video or play a game online, do you have any issues?

I suggest you run a speed test(When light is blinking). Bandwidth Meter Speed Test is a reputable one.  Once you have the results, you can verify you are within the parameters of your Internet Provider's specifications

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the network driver.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

http://youtu.be/ygyuiVS6qYo

http://youtu.be/_-_UjZWObeM

http://youtu.be/0-IRwa8IboA

Above are different videos of my blinking LED. Sometimes, the LED doesn't even light up for like 20 seconds but I'm still able to open webpages just fine. I tried restarting the fiber modem and router but still facing the same problem. I've no issues playing a multiplayer game. I checked my ping in game and realized it's fairly stable. I can even play YouTube videos in 720p just fine.

HP Recommended

Good Morning Huanwei,

Thank you for your reply.

This appears to be the normal function of this light.  When it is amber, it indicates the wireless is off.  It flashes  to indicate activity.  Here is a link to the User Guide HP Notebook for your notebook. Please note page 5 item 3.  

I hope this helps

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Well, why can't you admit that my LED is faulty?

Look from what I read in the user guide: 

White: An integrated wireless device, such as a
wireless local area network (WLAN) device and/or a
Bluetooth® device, is on.

Amber: All wireless devices are off.

It didn't even mention about the LED indicator blinking. Don't lie to me. Because I've never seen the LED light blinked at all for the whole two and the half years since I got the laptop. Just recently. Now, it doesn't even light up: Photo

So, how am I going to settle this? Go into a computer shop and ask if I can get this fixed?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.