Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, so i restored to a fresh Windows 7 install. everything worked fine except for the wifi :(. everytime i try to turn it on the button just stays red. at first i thought i didn't have the wifi driver so i installed one. with the driver came a diagnostic tool that i ran and it told me: WiFi Radio is turned OFF. so i installed the driver for the buttons . now all buttons work except

the Wifi button.

Thanks in advance

waffle7

P.S. Funny thing is, last time i installed windows all drivers were automaticly installed .

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

If you change the wireless access password, or wireless network switch button accidentally ?

[edited post by Moderator]
HP Recommended

No, the wifi works perfectly on my ipod touch and i know the password

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the model/product of your 2530p ? Please look at a label at the bottom of your machine and post back number for Product (should be above Warranty 3y3y3y).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Could it be NN366EA#UUZ ?

HP Recommended

@waffle7 wrote:

Could it be NN366EA#UUZ ?

Hi,

I can't find the region (UUZ) of your machine, please try the following driver for Quicklaunch:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49104.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I already had that driver installed. I got this computer in Switzerland, I use it in Switzerland, So I'm assuming my Region is Switzerland

HP Recommended

Try this. On Windows 7. Clikc on start, in the search box type windows mobility center, hit enter, look under wireless network see if its off.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I have the same problem with my Elitebook 2530p, somebody could help us with any solution?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Try booting a Linux Live-CD / USB, try to enable WiFi from Linux, then reboot into Windows and see if it works.  Worked for me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.