Re: Windows 8.1 ends with black screen (372 Views)
Honor Student
Mafap
Message 1 of 3 (484 Views)

Windows 8.1 ends with black screen

[ Edited ]

Recently I updated my Windows 8 Pro to 8.1 Pro from Window Store and everytime I need to shutdown/reboot the computer I get a black screen in the end for something like 10-20 minutes. Most of the times I have to do a hard reset! Another problem is Windows Media Player, sometimes works, sometimes don't. IE and Firefox are always crashing (Flash [updated] error) too. Sometimes the sound has some noise too.
I tried to Install drivers in Safe Mode, repair my installation, use HP Support Assistant, install Intel drivers, uninstall the drivers and search for new ones and nothing!
So I decided to download a full version of 8.1 Pro (MSDNAA) and format my PC. After some hours of installing all the programs and get all my hardware updated, including graphic card, I'm having the same problems.

Some solution would be apreciated.

Some information:
 * HP 530 Notebook PC
 * Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

Teacher
CassieCat07
Message 2 of 3 (457 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 ends with black screen

Not a solution, but the best idea:

Set it back to Windows 8. Windows 8.1 is more trouble than it's worth.

Honor Student
Mafap
Message 3 of 3 (372 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 ends with black screen

Probabily the best solution but I installed this OS-crap 2 times already! And I think I am not supposed to solve HP/MS problems since I paid for this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation