Question

Honor Student
Alnesh
Message 1 of 3 (561 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 on HP Pavilion dv6

Hello, I was just wondering if HP have tested dv6 notebooks compatability with Windows 8, my notebook was purchased in September 2011, so isn't old and runs Windows 7 Home Premuim and I would like to upgrade, but I would like to know if it supports the new system, many thanks

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (548 Views)

Re: Windows 8 on HP Pavilion dv6

A couple things. HP has not posted specific Windows 8 drivers for your unit. Others with similar models are reporting issues with HP specific hardware like the hard drive guard and hotkeys and such. Secondly, I have been following Windows 8 since the early Beta version and am advising everyone who asks me not to upgrade to Windows 8 on a traditional mouse and keyboard computer. I think my opinion is shared by a great majority of the tech press. If you happen to have a Windows computer with a touchscreen, however, dive right in and upgrade to Windows 8. The learning curve is very steep and a lot of the cool stuff just does not apply to mouse and keyboard interface. You will find yourself back at the desktop (Windows legacy interface) anyway and it is a crippled version not easily operated with a mouse and keyboard. Just my 2 cents.

Honor Student
Alnesh
Message 3 of 3 (544 Views)

Re: Windows 8 on HP Pavilion dv6

Okay, thank you for your insight

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation