Question

Honor Student
SinteZ25
Message 1 of 5 (16,928 Views)

Wireless Button Driver

HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1111nr: I need Wireless Button Driver for Win 7. Help me please.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (16,920 Views)

Re: Wireless Button Driver

[ Edited ]

What's going on? There is no driver for the wireless button as such. Fn + f12 is the button combination and the light should come on. It ought to turn the wireless on and off. But here is a link to ALL the available drivers, which are for Win8, not Win7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5322...

Honor Student
SinteZ25
Message 3 of 5 (16,905 Views)

Huffer,
Thank you for the reply,
I replace Windows 8 to Windows 7 (I need Win7 for my work),
I have all drivers win7 for this notebook, everything working fine, just does not work Fn+
Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 5 (16,862 Views)

[ Edited ]

All I can suggest is to try the QuickLaunch driver for a recent similar HP laptop that came with Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104698-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

You might have to force the installation or run the setup in compatibility mode. However, if Quicklaunch is not working you will usually have an exclamation mark in the device manager for an unknown device with hardware ID ACPI\HPQxx.

Also you can try uninstalling the keyboard driver and let it reload upon a reboot

HP has put out a specific plea that you not downgrade the Windows 8 machines to Windows 7 and has warned that you will have problems and I guess you are proof. I see the Windows 8 drivers include a "Wireless Button Driver" which I have never seen before. Must be something new in Windows 8. Do you have an unknown device in device manager?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 5 (16,845 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Did you try installing the W8 wireless button driver?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-109...

You should be seeing an unknown device which in the hardware ID properties view in the details tab shows an HPQ6001 in the device manager if the driver isn't installed.

If the W8 driver doesn't automatically install, then I would try manually installing it by clicking on the unknown device in the device manager. Click on the driver tab. Click on update driver. Select the Browse my computer for software method and browse to the installation folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58720. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and hopefully the driver will install.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation