Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just got ZBook 15 Workstation with 64 bit Windows 7. The external screen (HP Z23i) only works via VGA connection, but it doesn't work via Displayport.  The external monitor shows "no signal".

Does anybody know the issue and have solution?

Thanks a lot.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem. Tried to connect an external display directly (no dock) and I get no output from displayport.

The screen says "no signal".

Hope we'll find an answer to this.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. VGA works, but DisplayPort gives "No Signal" on monitor (EliteDisplay E231).

Monitor and cables are verified with a different PC.

Also, I get "No Signal" when I use a DVI cable.

Any movement on this one?

HP Recommended

Replying to myself... The problem was solved when I installed "HP Support Assistant" and applied the updates it recommended. Cheerz!

HP Recommended

The problem was solved when I installed "HP Support Assistant" and applied the updates it recommended. Cheerz!

HP Recommended

I issue same that ! I try :

- Connect to monitor external by cable Display Port.

- Connect to monitor ( TV sony 4K) by converter DP to HDMI ( converter box Ugreen) .

- Install Hp support Assistant and do anything ( update bios, update Nvidia driver)

My laptop only deviced name monitor and TV on Nvidia software but no signal on Screen. At monitor is error :" Out of range".

I thing my Port DP error out put video signal. Can someone help me test it , please ?

HP Zbook 15

CPU : core I7 4800

Ram : 16 GB

Graphic card: Quardo K2100.

HP Recommended

Solution for Non responsive DP output for Non-HP displays.
The DisplayPort is faulty when using Non-HP displays and I had a terrible experience with HP-Support that left me frustrated as they proposed no solution at all and claimed that they are not responible for any non-HP equipment. I investigated it carefully and here is the solution: The HP Zbook has a "Thunderbolt" output that can be connected via a cable that has a mDP (Mini DisplayPort) connector (to PC side) and DP (DisplayPort) to display side.
That way it is working!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.