ac adapter noise (4808 Views)
Honor Student
o4NDYo
Message 1 of 7 (4,808 Views)

ac adapter noise

i recently noticed my ac adapter making a beeping/humming noise that i have never heard before. at first i thought it was my hdd but then i noticed it when i pluged it in.my laptop is a cq50 210us that i got in november with the included charger and battery. i have read different things on various fourms ranging from the noise being normal for chargers to people saying that it could be the battery is going to fail. i am looking for a straight answer for what this sound is. if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 7 (4,812 Views)

Re: ac adapter noise

Hi,

It's normal.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
o4NDYo
Message 3 of 7 (4,798 Views)

well thats a relief, i am kinda surprised,the noise can be very high pitched and very notiveable when playing music. i also just noticed that it becomes louder when i change the power options from balanced to high preformance
Student
MrWho
Message 4 of 7 (4,552 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem my ac adapter sudently started to beep, I know it has a noise when you plug it in, but it has never beep before. I'm sure that in not normal, because when the adapter is beeping, the sound is lound and the battery doesn't charge, so it's not normal. Any one know if it my ac adapter is going to die?, Any one solve the problem?, I think is a manufacter problem, but I'm not sure.
Top Student
CRAZYFACE
Message 5 of 7 (4,377 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah, same here. how could it be NORMAL when its not charging the battery. also noticed that for some plugs adapter beeps and doesnt charge, and when i plug it into some other plug, it works as if nothing happened. maybe variable voltage is the cause? my laptop is Presario CQ45-104TX.

in some posts i read its the ac adapter itself thats in problem, some posts say battery, and in some posts even say that its the motherboard failure that makes all the fuss.

so any suggestions experts?

Message Edited by CRAZYFACE on 10-23-2009 06:50 AM
Honor Student
diwakar_singh
Message 6 of 7 (2,032 Views)

my ac adapter is making beeping sound since past one month, when it is beeping then there is no charging takes place. But after awhile it start charging. Now it is making the sound continuously, and not charging system. Do I need to change my Adapter or is there anyway to get it right.

Honor Student
diwakar_singh
Message 7 of 7 (2,032 Views)

ac adapter noise

my ac adapter is making beeping sound since past one month, when it is beeping then there is no charging takes place. But after awhile it start charging. Now it is making the sound continuously, and not charging system. Do I need to change my Adapter or is there anyway to get it right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation