Question

Honor Student
mechanichacker
Message 1 of 5 (357 Views)
Accepted Solution

backlit keyboard for dv7t-4100?

I need to replace the keyboard in my Pavilion dv7t-4100.  Is it possible to install a backlit keyboard, i.e. is the backlight connector present on the motherboard on this model?  If so, what is the part number for the backlit keyboard?  I've heard of people installing backlit keyboards intended for other models.

Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

Re: backlit keyboard for dv7t-4100?

Pulling up the Maintenance and Service guide I do not see any backlit keyboard option ever made for that model.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02666747.pdf

When it comes to find some sort of other option (aftermarket/modding) you best best would be to visit the notebookreview.com forums for any additional information but from personal exerience the backlit keyboards from a year ago required an additional power source to light up making the installation a little difficult.

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
mechanichacker
Message 3 of 5 (338 Views)

Indeed the above is correct.  I opened up the computer, and although the motherboard is marked and has solder pads for a backlight connector, the actual connector is not there.  If it wasn't my primary computer at the moment I might try soldering on a connection, but it is so I don't want to break it.  Thanks for the info.

Honor Student
anshuman_ina
Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

Can anybody tell me if there is an option for installing a new backlit keyboard on my hp pavilion dv6 7039tx laptop. Presently it doesnt have a backlit keyboard. I just want to know if it supports a backlit keyboard.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

anshuman_ina wrote:

Can anybody tell me if there is an option for installing a new backlit keyboard on my hp pavilion dv6 7039tx laptop. Presently it doesnt have a backlit keyboard. I just want to know if it supports a backlit keyboard.

Hello anshuman_ina.

According to page 57 of your notebook's Maintenance and Service Guide (click here) there are backlit keyboards for this model.  The guide has the part numbers listed.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation