Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion AB029TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

i have just bought laptop 1 month ago everything goes fine but now i m facing one problem that when i charge laptop it charge but at 100% it shows that 100%available and plugged in and light indicator also shows orange but after full charge it should become white now what can i do please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hannanshaikh,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-ab029TX Notebook and issues with the Battery. The light will show orange to indicate the Ac adapter is plugged in. Here is a link to your manual page 13 shows the light patterns.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @hannanshaikh,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-ab029TX Notebook and issues with the Battery. The light will show orange to indicate the Ac adapter is plugged in. Here is a link to your manual page 13 shows the light patterns.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i understand  that light indicator but my problem is that after full charge i.e it shows 100% charging and plugged in but 100% is a last stage so why it says that 100% charging and plugged in  

HP Recommended

Hey @hannanshaikh,

I would let the Notebook battery to 0% and then charge it. Sometimes this resolves it.

If not you could call us. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Sir i have 4 months old laptop hp 15ab029tx my problem is that it stop charging many a times even it is 60% charge shows msg plugin not charging after some time its start getting charge what should i do?? Its battery problem or anything else plz help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.