black screen, shine a light on the screen and you can see it. only 18month old (234 Views)
Student
Duchess602
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

black screen, shine a light on the screen and you can see it. only 18month old

compaq presario CQ61 product no  WD429EA I bought this laptop 18 months ago.  I don't think it should have broken after 18 months of light  domestic use by one person.  But trying to find out from HP about repairs is like pulling teeth.   all they say is it's over 12 months tough.  But a laptop should last more than 18 months. 

I believe it could be an inverter?

Does anyone else think HP should contribute to the repairs?

Dean
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: black screen, shine a light on the screen and you can see it. only 18month old

Yes it is either the inverter (95%) or the screen backlight (5%). Inverters cost under $20 and are very easy to replace. Screens have come way down to maybe $120 or less and are only a little harder to replace. Yes, maybe HP "should" contribute but they are under no legal duty to do so, and they will not, so start figuring out how you are going to fix it yourself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation