Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello everyone ,

I am new user of hp laptop. I have an HP Spectre 13 3001el and windows 8.1; my bluetooth no longer exists! I do not see the command to enable the bluetooth settings and the network card on the bluetooth does not even appear in the device manager! I reinstalled hundreds of times the drivers for the card "intel duel band wireless AC 7260" but bluetooth still does not work! I tried to restore the initial configuration of windows but to no avail, bluetooth still does not exist!

Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I called HP support;
They asked me to do a Bios Update by downloading the file from the HP site.
For now the problem has been fixed, hopefully not the same might happen!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
I apologize for the mistakes of writing but i am italian and i don't know English well.

I write the same text in italian so you can use a translator to better understand my problem:

Il mio Bluetooth non esiste piú! Non vedo più il comando "Bluetooth" dalle impostazioni e non c'e piú nemmeno la scheda Bluetooth all'interno do "gestione dispositivi". Ho reinstallato i driver centinaia di volte ma il bluetooth continua a non funzionare! Ho anche ripristinato le condizioni di fabbrica ma il Bluetooth continua a non esistere!
HP Recommended

Hello @MattiaLonghin,

If I understand correctly the Bluetooth on your HP Spectre 13-3001el Ultrabook has disappeared and you have been unsuccessful in getting it to re-appear. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎, which if you have not tried already will walk you through restoring your computer back to a point in time where your Bluetooth was working. If this does not work I would like you to try using the HP Support document: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 😎 to recovery the original drivers that came with your computer. I would suggest you re-install ALL the drivers and see if you get your Bluetooth back.

If the above steps do now help get your Bluetooth back, then the only other option I can think of is to backup and recover your computer back to factory. To backup your personal information and ensure that it is not lost I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 😎, which will ensure your personal files are up to date.

***WARNING!! If you want to keep any emails or bookmarks/favorites you will want to back those up as well as I do not believe they are backed up in the HP Backup process.

Next, I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎, which will you through recovering your computer back to factory settings.

*** IMPORTANT - Your personal files such as libraries, personalization settings, user accounts, and desktop themes are permanently removed. As well the computer settings are returned to the defaults (the way it was when it came from the factory). All apps and software that were installed on the computer when it came from the factory are reinstalled, and their settings are reset to the defaults. Additionally, software, apps, programs, and everything that you have installed or saved on the computer are permanently removed.

If the above steps did not resolve your Bluetooth issue please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thank you  for your fast reply,

I already tried the first of your solutions "Microsoft System Restore" but the bluetooth still did not appear! After this i tried to reinstall bluetooth drivers downloaded from HP and also directly from Intel, but without success! after these two attempts I recovered my computer back to factory settings, but without success!

Now:

I am now trying to reinstall all the drivers as you said, using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 😎 , I hope this will be the ultimate solution! When installation is complete I will write to you to tell you if it worked or not.

However, before starting "Recovery manager to restore software and drivers", in my settigs appeared (I do not know how) voice bluetooth, but this button is always active, even though I click it to turn it off it stays on! anyway bluetooth is not really active, in fact I think that button is only a fake! I show below with with a sequence of three screenshots (in the first i click it to turn off, in the second picture bluetooth is loadind and in the third the bluetooth automatically turns on without touching anything). I'm sure that are fake bluetooth settings  because although the bluetooth is "turned on" in the computer, i am not able to identify it with any other device!

Thanks for your time and for your help!

Mattia

HP Recommended
the driver download has been blocked for more than an hour at this point:

HP Recommended

"Recovery manager to restore software and drivers" is stack all night at the same point then i turned off the pc.

do you think that is appropriate to try againg with the factory reset?

One other thing, now there are again no fake Bluetooth settings (i don't understand why)

HP Recommended

I don't know how but now my bluetooth works!!! 🙂

If someone were to have my same problem now I explain what I did:

- i disabled the network adapter (from Device Manager)
- i re-enabled the network adapter (from Device Manager)
- i downloaded and installed my bluetotth driver from intel: BT_17.0.1405.02_e164
- i downloaded and installed my bluetooth driver from intel: BT_17.1.1406.01_e164
- i rebooted the system
- then i removed the bluetooth installation software related at the first installation of the two driver mentioned above (BT_17.0.1405.02_e164) keeping only "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)"
- i rebooted the system

Now Bluetooth work, i hope that it will continue to work!!
I don't know why this method has worked!

Thank you all for your support
Mattia
HP Recommended

nooooooooooooooo bluetooth is not working again!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

You're not the only one experiencing the missing bluetooth problem on your Spectre. I too have lost, regained, and just lost again my bluetooth.

The first time was after a Windows update a couple of weeks ago. Then it suddenly appeared again after another update only a day or two later and was working fine until 2 days ago when it disappeared again.

I also believe this is not a problem that HP staff should be advising people to "restore their systems" in order to get back the original driver. There is a problem or conflict somewhere in the hardware or/and operating system areas that HP technicians need to look at and address with a REAL FIX, instead of taking the easy way out and advising their customers to do a system restore and putting the customer in a position of not being able to focus on USING their product...that is not a cheap product either...where we need to make to make sure everything important is backed up, and then have to reinstall software and whatever else we've put on our computers that are not working correctly.

I've put an old wireless mouse to work until HP figures this out, but it just appears to me that the old standard answer to get someone off their backs is to perform a system restore. Not at all acceptable, IMHO.

HP Recommended
I called HP support;
They asked me to do a Bios Update by downloading the file from the HP site.
For now the problem has been fixed, hopefully not the same might happen!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.