boot device not detected (255 Views)
Top Student
Hongdan
Message 1 of 6 (255 Views)

boot device not detected

My Laptop is HP Envy 6-1111nr running with windows 8.1k. After 3 months with absolutely no issue, My computer suddenly can't boot. It happened after i shut down my computer normally. ( Putting cursor on top right and going to settings, etc...) Then after a couple of hours, i turned my computer on and now i have this error message:

Boot Device Not Detected

Please install an Operating System on your Hard Drive

<3F0>

Someting like that and i tried booting from usb, but no luck. From CD, and no luck as well. I did the memorry test and it pased, but the hard  drive test failed. It says NOT INSTALLED. What do i do? Do i need to change my hard drive? If I do, how do i get one from hp, because i know it has service or somethin like that. 

Teacher
GoogleGagga
Message 2 of 6 (240 Views)

Re: boot device not detected

it sounds like your Boot configuration is messed up..

your HD should be fine..

it can't detect it because it can't detect an OS..

Google: How to recover Boot configuration.

ie. https://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Also.. did you try booting last known working configuration option?

----------------------------
I am NOT an HP employee.
Top Student
Hongdan
Message 3 of 6 (233 Views)

No. I just shut down my computer after nothing worked. I will try the advice you gave me.. the how to recover boot donfiguration
Top Student
Hongdan
Message 4 of 6 (202 Views)

Noting works... I tried the advice u gave me but it doesnt work. 

Teacher
Zintain
Message 5 of 6 (176 Views)

There should be an access panel on the bottom of the computer, try opening that up and checking to make sure that the cable that plugs the hard drive into the computer is securely attached.  If after doing that it still doesn't work, your hard drive has probably failed and needs to be replaced.  Contact HP and work with them as if you have only had the computer for 3 months, it should still be under warranty and should be taken care of by HP.

Top Student
Hongdan
Message 6 of 6 (101 Views)

I have tried everytyhing but no... and my laptop is out of warranty. So do i just buy another HDD for my laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation