card reader wont work (154 Views)
Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 1 of 4 (154 Views)
Accepted Solution

card reader wont work

So i have a new hp pavilion g4-1125dx windows 7 home premium (64 bit)
i use sandisk sdhc card (8 gb) and it just doesnt readdd i tried the sandisk sd (1 gb) and it doesnt read that one too.

it randomly works sometimes :s these cards are good and i use them with my camera and they work perfectly fine i even trie using my pc and it worked with that. device manager says there is no problem but it just doent read . if i use the crad reader then it works but then whats the use of the inbuilt card reader . please help

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (141 Views)

Re: card reader wont work

Hi,

Open Windows Explorer. Insert a multimedia card in the card reader.  You should now see the multimedia card as a drive with removeable storage appear in the Windows Explorer as in the following image. If you remove the card it should vanish from the list of drives.

multimediacard_reader.JPG

if it is not visible, then I recommend that you reinstall the card reader driver.

That can be done  while logged into Windows via the recovery manager. Windows start orb-->All Programs -->HP-->Recovery Manager. Choose Drivers and Aplications reinstall.

recovery1.PNG

Select the card reader driver from the available list of drivers and then click on Install.

drivers2.png

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 3 of 4 (129 Views)

firstly thanks for replying

i tried inserting the card again . it still doesnt show.

i dont know where the recovery manager is , i mean i tried searching for it but it isnt there .

i installed it again from the hp site but its still not there . im not extremely ood with computers please deal with me and help me fix this :smileyhappy: 

Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

ohk so i tried reinstalling the driver from another source and its wokring now thanks alott :smileyvery-happy: 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation