Question

Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 1 of 4 (172 Views)
Accepted Solution

card reader wont work

So i have a new hp pavilion g4-1125dx windows 7 home premium (64 bit)
i use sandisk sdhc card (8 gb) and it just doesnt readdd i tried the sandisk sd (1 gb) and it doesnt read that one too.

it randomly works sometimes :s these cards are good and i use them with my camera and they work perfectly fine i even trie using my pc and it worked with that. device manager says there is no problem but it just doent read . if i use the crad reader then it works but then whats the use of the inbuilt card reader . please help

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

Re: card reader wont work

Hi,

Open Windows Explorer. Insert a multimedia card in the card reader.  You should now see the multimedia card as a drive with removeable storage appear in the Windows Explorer as in the following image. If you remove the card it should vanish from the list of drives.

multimediacard_reader.JPG

if it is not visible, then I recommend that you reinstall the card reader driver.

That can be done  while logged into Windows via the recovery manager. Windows start orb-->All Programs -->HP-->Recovery Manager. Choose Drivers and Aplications reinstall.

recovery1.PNG

Select the card reader driver from the available list of drivers and then click on Install.

drivers2.png

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 3 of 4 (147 Views)

firstly thanks for replying

i tried inserting the card again . it still doesnt show.

i dont know where the recovery manager is , i mean i tried searching for it but it isnt there .

i installed it again from the hp site but its still not there . im not extremely ood with computers please deal with me and help me fix this :smileyhappy: 

Honor Student
thatsmerax
Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)

ohk so i tried reinstalling the driver from another source and its wokring now thanks alott :smileyvery-happy: 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation