Question

Student
Roeboll
Message 1 of 10 (4,401 Views)

cd/dvd player is not working

My cd/dvd player is not working.  It does not play or burn cds.  Windows Media Player is working fine.  When I look in the device manager for the drive it is not even listed there anymore.

I have windows vista home premium 32 bit.

Can anyone help?:smileysad:

Student
xochella
Message 2 of 10 (4,393 Views)

Re: cd/dvd player is not working

I'm having the same issue I believe. I keep trying to burn my photos to CD like I did from other laptop and each time I try to I get an error saying something about needing the latest firmware for my CD/DVD burner. I contacted HP and the person I spoke to told me to run a scan on the driver, so I did and it said my problem was resolved. It didn't fix it...then they told me to uninstall and reinstall the driver again so I did and it still didn't work. It's driving me crazy because I need to put my photos on CD for a project.

Student
nilogram54
Message 3 of 10 (4,144 Views)

My DV1000 has stopped recognizing my cd/dvd player. Outbaord players work fine. My computer tells me everything is working properly. I beg to differ. What can I do?

Tutor
hodsintegra23
Message 4 of 10 (4,142 Views)

I'm having the same issue, why is this such a big issue with HP laptops?

Teacher
burnin_the_chip
Message 5 of 10 (4,126 Views)

try this
Visitor
Re: cd/dvd drive has disappeared

I've had a similar problem for a while now, there are no Upper or Lower Filters in my registry and nothing else I found worked, There are no "Upper" or "Lower" filter values in the registry.

My problem was that after re-installing my operating system the DVD Drive completely disappeared from "My Computer"

I couldn't access any disk, play DVD's" or CD's, though the disk manager knew a disk was in the drive and the drive was powered. I knew this because when I closed the drive I could hear it powering up.

In the end what I did was:

Right Click on "My Computer" and click on "Manage" and the Computer Management Box comes up

Expand the "Storage option,

Click on "Disk Management"

Where it says "Cd-Rom 0" Right click and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths"

The dialogue box on mine was empty so I clicked on "Add" and selected "E" from the list

On exit I found that in "My Computer" my DVD Drive had returned.

When I put in a DVD or music CD I had to select the programme to open the DVD with but this is now selected for every time I put in a DVD

Hope this helps

Tutor
hodsintegra23
Message 6 of 10 (4,121 Views)

There is no rom drive listed.

Teacher
burnin_the_chip
Message 7 of 10 (4,116 Views)

the last options are open it up make shure all cables are connected

check bios make sure not disabled there  (hold f 11 or  f 1 on power on)

do a system restore to a time it worked

and 1 thing i would try

shut down laptop remove battery let sit 60 seconds remove dvd rom reinsert battery turn on laptop boot to windows

after windows boots shut down remove batt let sit 60 secs reinsert dvdrom turn on laptop

could be the registry filters need to be removed details here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&​lc=en&docname=c00817052

see Step 4: Clear the upper and lower registry filters

Honor Student
rapsr10
Message 8 of 10 (3,141 Views)

how do i removr a cd player from a hp pavilian ze5375 us

Provost
banhien
Message 9 of 10 (3,138 Views)

Hi,

Please check in this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/how-do-i-remove-a-cd-player-from-a-pavilion-ze5375us/...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
MDSEKANDER
Message 10 of 10 (1,506 Views)

MY   DVD  IS  NO  WORKING  HOW  CAN  WORK      HP  LAPTOP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation