Question

Student
dmcentire
Message 1 of 2 (475 Views)

chromebook 11 charger replacement

So I work at Google and was all excited about my first Chromebook, the HP 11" model. I was able to get one from Best Buy, and another two  of my co-workers also bought theirs as well.

We all have the original chargers and were told not to use them, and we haven't hear anything since. I looked into some internal docs on the issue and it seems like it's not clear to me if there's a replacement in the works.

The Google Play store shows a completely different charger than what we received.

I registered my computer on the HP website but have not received any communication about this.

I am losing faith that we're going to get a replacement charger for this device. We all agree our chargers get very hot.

Someone please reply to this post and let us know how we go about getting replacement chargers. As most of us already know, it's very difficult (impossible for me) to locate a 3rd party 3A 5V charger. They're all 2A max. Yes that works, but it takes quite a bit longer so like most of us I use the factory charger that came with it and just take my chances.

If there's a replacement I'd love to see one or at least hear that one is in the works.

Thank you,

Dennis McEntire

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (436 Views)

Re: chromebook 11 charger replacement

I believe any Chromebook purchased after Dec.1 2013 should be fine. You can check from the page here:

https://chromesafetycheck.appspot.com/#/

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation