Re: computer wont turn on with bsttery inserted (34 Views)
Student
ewhit81
Message 1 of 2 (58 Views)

computer wont turn on with bsttery inserted

I'm having a very unusual problwm with my Hp 2000 Notebook. I sent my laptop in to HP tech support because I was having a power issue. HP clams to have installed a new mother board and returned it. My laptop worked after I recieved it. the next day it would not turn on. I did some troubleshooting and discovered it would not turn on while the battery is inserted. To turn it on I had to remove the battery, insert the AC adapter, & perform a hard restart. My laptop worked fine, but when I insert the battery the computer completely shutoff, and would not turn back on unless the battery was removed, and a hard restart was done. I notified HP tech support. I sent it back to be repaired. Got it back yesterday, and it worked fine. Tried turning it on today , and  the computer started up normally, but after a few seconds unexpectily shuts down. I go through the process of removing the battery, connecting the AC adapter, perform hard restart, and laptop works fine. I insert the battery computer shuts down. I contacted HP tech support again they said send it in to be repaired. Can anyone help me with this problem. I feel like HP is giving me the run around until my warrenty runs out,

HP
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (34 Views)

Re: computer wont turn on with bsttery inserted

Hello ewhit81,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As you are still under warranty I would advise you to keep dealing with HP Technical Support in regards to this matter. The fact that the issue was brought up before your warranty expired with HP is a good thing. I would advise you to ensure that you bring up the fact that you have had different motherboards, but the same battery and are still experiencing the same issue. I suspect that this is a short in the battery or in the battery connection, but cannot say for certainty.

I hope this helps you get this resolved. Thank you for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation