Question

Student
ewhit81
Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

computer wont turn on with bsttery inserted

I'm having a very unusual problwm with my Hp 2000 Notebook. I sent my laptop in to HP tech support because I was having a power issue. HP clams to have installed a new mother board and returned it. My laptop worked after I recieved it. the next day it would not turn on. I did some troubleshooting and discovered it would not turn on while the battery is inserted. To turn it on I had to remove the battery, insert the AC adapter, & perform a hard restart. My laptop worked fine, but when I insert the battery the computer completely shutoff, and would not turn back on unless the battery was removed, and a hard restart was done. I notified HP tech support. I sent it back to be repaired. Got it back yesterday, and it worked fine. Tried turning it on today , and  the computer started up normally, but after a few seconds unexpectily shuts down. I go through the process of removing the battery, connecting the AC adapter, perform hard restart, and laptop works fine. I insert the battery computer shuts down. I contacted HP tech support again they said send it in to be repaired. Can anyone help me with this problem. I feel like HP is giving me the run around until my warrenty runs out,

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: computer wont turn on with bsttery inserted

Hello ewhit81,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As you are still under warranty I would advise you to keep dealing with HP Technical Support in regards to this matter. The fact that the issue was brought up before your warranty expired with HP is a good thing. I would advise you to ensure that you bring up the fact that you have had different motherboards, but the same battery and are still experiencing the same issue. I suspect that this is a short in the battery or in the battery connection, but cannot say for certainty.

I hope this helps you get this resolved. Thank you for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation