Question

Honor Student
ponsmba
Message 1 of 5 (3,584 Views)

cooling fan is not working

whenever i switch on my HP notebook, it is throwing error as "The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating properly. Press Enter to continue" message is coming. only if i press Enter it is getting logged in, otherwise getting switched off. Please help me.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 5 (3,541 Views)

Re: cooling fan is not working

It sounds like the cooling fan has failed and needs replaced, you can replace it yourself if you have the skills, or send it in for repairs.

Is it under warranty?

Student
ChrisHP1
Message 3 of 5 (1,553 Views)

Re: cooling fan is not working

I have the same problem!
Could it be that I just have to clean it, or do I really need to send it to repair /change the cooling fan?

Thank you!

Student
danieldococnut
Message 4 of 5 (834 Views)

Re: cooling fan is not working working properly

Hi, I just bought a hp pavilion g7. it indicates the above please help.

Thanks

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 5 (807 Views)

cooling fan is not working

There could be a couple of reasons you are getting this message. If you are in warranty, call in. Just as Mumbodog mentioned, a cooling fan may be bad and needs to be replaced. Doing this on your own, if in warranty, will void the warranty.

More often than not, I've seen dust and fluff pulled into the notebook, building up around the fan(s), preventing them from functioning properly. A vacuum cleaner held up to the vent will often pull out this foreign matter, fixing the issue. I would begin with this step. I hope this helps!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation