Question

Student
kit_kat26
Message 1 of 2 (61 Views)

copied files

a screen popped up that said 1 file copied then underneath said 1 file copied agian and also randomly a screen would pop up and close too quickly for me to see the content and at one point my cursor did not move but the file folder on the task bar was highlighted and another screen popped up saying 1 file copied is someone stealing files from my computer or is this an error with files what is going on  and how to i protect my computer Ive had it for only one week bought brand new from a store and mcafee is set up on my computer i haven't download anything but i have set up skype to communicate with my family. i have a buisness page i visit often as i sell purses for a living and i put in orders with my customers information i am concerned their information can be compromised i haven't saved their information but i was told anything you input on the Internet is saved some where on your hard drive is this something i should be concerned about?

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: copied files

Hello kit_kat26,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how there is unusual activity taking place on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To ensure that you do not have a viral infection present on your computer, I recommend following this document on Resolving and Preventing Viruses on Your Computer. This should help to identify if your system is compromised, and how to prevent such in the future.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation