Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello together, I'm unable to find any information related to the following question: Is it possible to un-set the drivelock password using Bios-Configuration-Utility?  Please don't get me wrong - I do know the password - but in order to migrate to windows 8.1 using zero-touch Drivelock passwords drive me crazy... unfortunatly I don't find an appropriate passage in the getconfig - file output of the users bios and as expected - deleting the bios password has nothing to do with deleting the drivelock password...

I am really really thankful for any kind of suggestion... kindes regards, luke

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

your system name?

Use HP spare key

http://h20621.www2.hp.com/video-gallery/us/en/5e1166b098fab8fc1b2bec6c5d2044055e635b30/r/video

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

hi, thank you for your reply but I neither want to use any of the hp protect tools nor want to use sparekey - I don't really understand what you meant with the sparekey tip...?!

I want to delete the drivelock password on several systems (all supported by bcu however...) such as 8300 elite, 8000 elite, 8200 elite, 8440p, 8460p, 8470p....

kindest regards, luke

HP Recommended

drivelock.jpg

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

hi...

yes - that is the manual way - my question is - how to automate this? and as mentioned above - I want to know whether it is possible or not...

However, thank you so far...

HP Recommended

you must first in the the Bios deactivate

after in Windows

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754524.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

HP Recommended

excuse me toffy, but your answers are not very helpful,

drivelock passwords have nothing to do with tpm or bde configuration and your note "in the bios" is useless as I already know that it is a BIOS setting...

Once again: I want to know, how to unset the drivelock password without manually entering bios on each machine? E.g. via BIOS-Configuration-Utility or sth else..?

kindest regards, luke

HP Recommended

hi Luke ,

did you receive any update at all , since your last posting ?

For as far as I know there is no option to centrally manage this specific BIOS setting and configuration  .

But , I would be stoked to realize that I have been proven wrong here .

Cheers

HP Recommended
My laptop hp 6710b demands hdd bay password. But I don't know what is this.. help me
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.