does hp pavilion g6- 1 c 57 dx has a bluetooth? (3614 Views)
Honor Student
namrata82in
Message 1 of 4 (3,614 Views)

does hp pavilion g6- 1 c 57 dx has a bluetooth?

does hp pavilion g6- 1 c 57 dx has a bluetooth? if yes then y i am not able to find it?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 4 (3,590 Views)

Re: does hp pavilion g6- 1 c 57 dx has a bluetooth?

[ Edited ]

Your specs. weren't listed because yours is a dx model.

Go to the control panel and find "HP Wireless Assistant" open that and it will be listed there if you have it, it may need to be turned on.

You can also check your "Device Manager" in the control panel, open that and it will be listed there as well, but it must be turned on first.

There are other ways to turn it on and check, but we will start with these things first.

Honor Student
namrata82in
Message 3 of 4 (3,586 Views)

thanks for the reply... but the system has neither of the options...

does that mean it has no bluetooth??? :smileysad:

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 4 (3,582 Views)

Shut the computer right down and upon boot up start immediately tapping the f10 key to get into boot options. Look on the "Main" in the heading bar and it should be listed there if you have it.

100_0685.JPG

It's at the bottom of the list on my dv8. (use you arrow and enter keys to navigate here)

Here are some more screen shots of another laptop running the HP Wireless Assistant and what it should look like if you have Bluetooth.

HP Wirless Assistant.JPG

This is as it should appear in the control panel, note that I have chosen "Icon" view here running W7.

Disabled.JPG

Here is what you should see if you have it, in this case it's been turned off, but it still will show up. If you don't have Bluetooth you can buy a USB dongle that will work well. Here is just one example from e-bay, they are as common as dirt and inexpensive, I am sure NewEgg.com has them if you don't want to deal with e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiny-USB-2-0-Bluetooth-V2-0-EDR-Dongle-Wireless-Adapter-/170523307252?pt=LH_...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation