Question

Honor Student
tw1032eg
Message 1 of 5 (253 Views)

dv5 1032eg strange 3f0 Error...

Hi,

I am experiencing curious 3f0-errors (hard drive not found) upon startup:

from reading the forum i have learned that a 3f0 error means that the hdd is broken.

However...

In my case, i am trying to boot a second or a third time and:
(case 1) then suddenly everything is normal -
or (case 2) booting leads to the hard drive analysis/diagnosis check and the quick check, the normal(long) check and the smart check say everything is OK. with the next boot everything is normal... So it seems the hdd is not broken...

(Suddenly - there are also E/A-errors ....)

I also have the impression, that after carrying around my laptop there is a fifty/fifty chance that the first boot will produce a 3f0 error. Second boot attempt normally works. Can there be smth like a loose connection/contact that forces the 3f0 error?

Since the hdd check says that my hdd is ok, i am not sure if buying a new hdd would solve the issues...
Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Honor Student
tw1032eg
Message 2 of 5 (216 Views)

Re: dv5 1032eg strange 3f0 Error...

any ideas regarding the 3f0 errors, please?

my HP laptop model: dv5 1032eg

thank you very much

Retired
HandyAndy14
Message 3 of 5 (187 Views)

Hello tw1032eg,

I would like to assist you with the 3f0 error your HP Pavilion dv5-1032eg Entertainment Notebook PC is receiving. From how you've explained it, it does seem like it could just be a loose connection.

I recommend physically removing the hard drive from the notebook and then reconnecting it to see if that resolves the issue. Click here for instructions - page 62.

Once you are able to get the computer to turn on successfully, also try updating the BIOS. Click here for instructions.

Let me know if this resolves the issue!

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
tw1032eg
Message 4 of 5 (171 Views)

Hi Andy,

thanks for your support.

I reconnected the harddrive, but the situation is completely the same and the problem remains.

For the moment I am little bit afraid of flashing the bios...

Any other things I could do?

Thanks!

Retired
HandyAndy14
Message 5 of 5 (162 Views)

Hello tw1032eg,

Just on the off chance you could also make sure that all Windows updates and HP updates have been performed through HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is flashing the BIOS with the most updated version.

Best regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation