Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a DV5-2135 notebook that I want to add a Bluetooth module to. When I went to install it, I found that there appears to be nowhere to connect it to the motherboard. Where it should be is nothing except the connector for the speakers. Does anyone know where I can locate the schematics for this particular system board? Or tell me if I am maybe looking in the wrong place for the connector. Where I am looking the board is marked with a BT.

Thank you, very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ProfessorPhreak,

Thank you for the pictures. According to the 'HP Pavilion dv5-2135dx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications'. Your specific model of the dv5 series does not include Bluetooth modules. That does explain why the connector is not located on the board. I do apologize that I did miss that the first time I responded.

A work around option that you can do, is to purchase a USB Bluetooth dongle. They can come in a low profile, as not reduce the notebooks portability.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey ProfessorPhreak,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

For installing a Bluetooth module into your notebook, I have included the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook. If you take a look at page 71, it does show the removal procedure for the Bluetooth module. As well if you take a look at the diagram on page 78,  number 1 shows your speaker connection, and number 2 shows your Bluetooth connection.

Please let me know if this does help. 🙂

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, Lil_Lisa27. Thats what I looked at as well and as I said, where the module is supposed to connect to the motherboard, there is no connection. I have had the computer completely apart and the only connector that doesn't have anything plugged into it is toward the right rear of the system board and it is marked "BL". Where the maint. manual shows the location for plugging in the module there is no connector but it does have the marking "BT". Next to that is the speaker connection marked "SPKR". So unless I am missing something, it appears that my board did not come with the connector for Bluetooth installed. I am attaching 2 pics. The first one shows the missing Bluetooth connection and the second shows the connection marked "BL". I have no idea what that connection is supposed to be for.CAM00203edit.jpgCAM00204edit.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello ProfessorPhreak,

Thank you for the pictures. According to the 'HP Pavilion dv5-2135dx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications'. Your specific model of the dv5 series does not include Bluetooth modules. That does explain why the connector is not located on the board. I do apologize that I did miss that the first time I responded.

A work around option that you can do, is to purchase a USB Bluetooth dongle. They can come in a low profile, as not reduce the notebooks portability.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you again, Lil_Lisa27. I thank you for your assistance. You have been a great help. Great minds think alike... prior to reading your latest post I went out and bought a bluetooth dongle. I figured that would be the easiest route. Again, Thank You for your help and keep up the good work. :catvery-happy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.