Question

Student
alexblah
Message 1 of 2 (2,181 Views)

dv6275 laptop hard drive overheats?

Ok, first time... I've owned an HP dv6275us laptop for 2 years now and I've noticed that it overheats quite fast now but couldn't understand why since I give maintenance to it on a regular basis.

The thing is, I've noticed that it only heats where I rest my left hand on the computer (lower left corner) and later found out that the Hard drive is the one that heats like crazy so... I was wondering if this could be the drive itself or that it could be something between the drive and the outer case (something inside the computer itself). So, if anyone knows anything about this wouldn't it be wise to change my hard drive for another? or if there's another reason for the overheating on that specific part of the computer? will changing to another hard drive (with better specs compared to the one it came with) will stop overheating?, hopefully someone knows

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (2,144 Views)

Re: dv6275 laptop hard drive overheats?

Hi,

Here is service documentattion for this model (check page 182). Have You ever cleaned it from dust? If not now it's the right time. If You can't do it take it to the service. I don't think then it's a problem with Your HDD. I think then You've got inside (I must write it again) dust and because of that all parts are getting heated. Don't forget about putting new paste on components.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation