Question
dv7 Left hinge pulling case apart? What the heck!
Replies (43)

Honor Student
parky91
Message 11 of 44 (298 Views)

Re: dv7 Left hinge pulling case apart? What the heck!

I'm hoping I can get something like this since I'm a student and can't afford £170 to get it fixed !

Student
Vt123
Message 12 of 44 (297 Views)

I have had the same problem as well, my laptop is an envy touchsmart 15-jO51.

The base has started to break at the left hinge. After this broke, I"ve gotten a message about a faulty fan and have not been able to use my laptop. Still have warranty, but am not sure that it will cover the broken base.
Honor Student
diabloangelz
Message 13 of 44 (282 Views)

RNElliott, they did the exact same thing for me.

My computer is a year+ out of warranty.  They got my information and overnighted me a box.  I sent the computer in and they fixed it free of charge.  This is what they replaced:

708998-001 BASE ENCLOSURE

684559-001 TOP COVER - TOUCHPAD

I haven't received the computer back yet.  It shipped out on 5/29, but the tracking has not updated since then.  Here's to hoping Fedex didn't lose the computer.  :smileymad:

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 14 of 44 (274 Views)

Hi VT123,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post How to check your messages by SiobhanF has instructions.

Regards,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
Student
kenz9388
Message 15 of 44 (270 Views)

My HP pavilion dv7 is having the same problem as above. When I went to open it up the back cracked on the bottom and now the screen and left hinge are really loose. Just checked the warrenty and its expired. I wanted to know how HP handles problems like this when the warrenty is up or if I should shop around for computer repairs in my area

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 16 of 44 (261 Views)

Hi kenz9388,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post How to check your messages by SiobhanF has instructions.

Regards,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
Student
BillnMartie
Message 17 of 44 (233 Views)

This is my 2nd HP and I could never firgure out what I could have done to make the case seperate and the lt hinge behave badly!   I hope HP contacts me to get this resolved too.  My letter p is failing and my fans are entirely too loud and hot.  I have cleaned out the vents, and the battery test reads as good. I never had any of these problems on my first HP!

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 18 of 44 (219 Views)

Hi BillnMartie,

Regards,

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
DBLFUN
Message 19 of 44 (177 Views)

Same here:

My DV7t-7200 Quad Edition purchased Dec. 2012 began to open & close (noisy hinges) very suspiciously within just 2 1/2 months of purchase.   Now actual separation as widened across entire back area between upper & lower BOTTOM enclosure - particularly hinge support areas.  I worry it may actually be coming completely apart!    Love this laptop but the housing / enclosure plastic is giving me a lot of disappointment...So Unlike my family's previous hp laptops.  

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks

george-p
Message 20 of 44 (176 Views)

Hi @DBLFUN ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation