Question

Honor Student
JustynTyme
Message 1 of 1 (948 Views)

eSATA/USB combo port not-working on HP Pavilion dv5-2043cl

Hello HP Forum,

I have a refurbished HP Pavilion dv5-2043cl that I bought  last October 2011, so yeah my warranty was only for 90-days andthis happened. 

The laptop has a eSATA/USB port that is located on the left side of the computer and has been functioning up until last night. 

Yes the other two USB ports on the right hand side works but with the powerjack being on that side and disk drive, it is soclustered and inconvenience 

I searched through the forum for eSATA related solutions and through Google; I tried uninstalling all USB ports, remove batteryand waited 10 minutes before putting putting back the battery and turning on the laptop; all USB ports reinstalled, but still theeSATA/USB combo port is not working

Another suggestion that I saw during my search was checking the BIOS - turn on the eSATA from the BIOS: 

Please if anyone knows know to check it from the BIOS, please send or post the instructions, the other instructions were toovague & I do not want to risk any further damage

I also searched to see if the eSATA/USB port was stand alone so I could just replace it; but it is connected to the Motherboard; meaning the entire board has to be replaced. ---- before I take  this route.....

Does anyone have any cost effective suggestions, 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation