envy x2 keyboard (93 Views)
Honor Student
pixseal
Message 1 of 3 (93 Views)

envy x2 keyboard

I have an Envy X2 Windows tablet+keyboard.  When the keyboard is docked to the tablet, the tablet will not boot - nothing displays.  When the keyboard is detached, the tablet works fine. 

When I plug the charger into the keyboard (whether docked or not), the charging indicator light on the charger plug does not light up.  When the charger is plugged directly into the tablet, it lights up.

Could this be a battery problem?

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: envy x2 keyboard

Hello pixseal,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand your Envy X2 tablet does not boot if the keyboard is connected, and the keyboard won't charge. I will do what I can to assist you!

On some Envy X2 tablets, there is a BIOS update that could resolve the issue. However, I need to know which one you have first. Please let me know. Alternatively, I encourage you to try using HP Support Assistant. It may be able to detect the update and install it. More information on using this tool is found here: Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

Of course, if the BIOS update does not work, the next step would be to contact HP phone support. They may have to service it, or could have an alternative fix.

Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
pixseal
Message 3 of 3 (65 Views)

Re: envy x2 keyboard

HP ENVY x2 11-g010nr

BIOS is F.12

System board is 18F6 80.45

The HP Support Assistant says no updates available. 

The HP Support link drives me in circles; select O/S, scan, software & driver downloads, select O/S, scan, software & driver downloads, .....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation