Question
Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,131 Views)
Accepted Solution

envy x2 touchpad driver update won't apply

My Envy x2 is up-to-date and working fine. I have kept all HP updates applied through the WIndows 8 Support Assistant. There is currently an important update showing as available, :

SoftPaq SP1934  Version 16.5.3.3

This update downloads fine but gets an error every time on the install. It's flagged as an important update but no matter what I do (reboot first, nothing else running, etc.) it errors on install.

How do I get past this? All other HP drivers/ BIOS show as current, which they are.

Accepted Solution

Re: envy x2 touchpad driver update won't apply

Try installing the Synaptics TouchPad Driver from the website:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119144-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4131&product=5327932&sw_lang=  (Direct Download Link)

If that doesn't install, then go into the Device Manager and uninstall the driver + delete the software, then try downloading and installing this driver.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 6 (1,110 Views)

Same problem with me. Downloads driver and commences install,  but doesn't go through to successful installation. No error messages displayed.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,104 Views)

Likewise. It's annoying to continue to see the red exclamation mark as well.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 6 (1,081 Views)

Try installing the Synaptics TouchPad Driver from the website:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119144-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=  (Direct Download Link)

If that doesn't install, then go into the Device Manager and uninstall the driver + delete the software, then try downloading and installing this driver.

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,038 Views)

That link has worked for me. And a subsequent check for any new updates shows nothing new to add.

AlanM

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 6 (1,021 Views)

AlanMSydney wrote:

That link has worked for me. And a subsequent check for any new updates shows nothing new to add.

AlanM

Thanks for coming back to to let me know it worked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation