Question

Student
jkendrick0207
Message 1 of 6 (929 Views)
Accepted Solution

envy x2 touchpad driver update won't apply

My Envy x2 is up-to-date and working fine. I have kept all HP updates applied through the WIndows 8 Support Assistant. There is currently an important update showing as available, :

SoftPaq SP1934  Version 16.5.3.3

This update downloads fine but gets an error every time on the install. It's flagged as an important update but no matter what I do (reboot first, nothing else running, etc.) it errors on install.

How do I get past this? All other HP drivers/ BIOS show as current, which they are.

Top Student
AlanMSydney
Message 2 of 6 (908 Views)

Re: envy x2 touchpad driver update won't apply

Same problem with me. Downloads driver and commences install,  but doesn't go through to successful installation. No error messages displayed.

Honor Student
fastrack19
Message 3 of 6 (902 Views)

Likewise. It's annoying to continue to see the red exclamation mark as well.

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 4 of 6 (879 Views)

Try installing the Synaptics TouchPad Driver from the website:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119144-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=  (Direct Download Link)

If that doesn't install, then go into the Device Manager and uninstall the driver + delete the software, then try downloading and installing this driver.

Top Student
AlanMSydney
Message 5 of 6 (836 Views)

That link has worked for me. And a subsequent check for any new updates shows nothing new to add.

AlanM

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 6 of 6 (819 Views)

AlanMSydney wrote:

That link has worked for me. And a subsequent check for any new updates shows nothing new to add.

AlanM

Thanks for coming back to to let me know it worked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation