Question

Honor Student
mubarak258
Message 1 of 3 (5,872 Views)

error 0xc0aa0301

hello

i have hp pavilion dv6 

after i upgrade my windows to 7 im gettin error code 0xc0aa0301 when i burn iso file to DVD (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA Device),

help me to burn it

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (5,806 Views)

Re: error 0xc0aa0301

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First, try the automated fixit from Microsoft on the link below.

Windows 7

Check if the drive is now working.

If the drive is not working, from the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager.  Click to open the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.  Right click on the first channel and select uninstall.  Do not delete drivers if asked.  When uninstalled repeat the process for each channel.  Also if an ATA controller is listed, right click and uninstall this, again not deleting drivers if asked. Then open DVD/CD-ROM Drives.  Right click the drive and select uninstall.  Do not delete drivers if asked.

Reboot the PC and let Windows reinstall the devices.  Check the drive again.

If it still isn't working, run the automated fixit from Microsoft on the link below again.

Windows 7

Next, from the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager.  Next click to open DVD/CD-ROM Drives.  Right click the drive and select uninstall.  Do not delete drivers if asked.  When the device has uninstalled click on the 'Scan for Hardware Changes' icon ( usually just below Help on the toolbar ).  Let windows reinstall the drive and see if it now works.

You could also try downloading and installing ImgBurn then when installed, click the Start Menu, open All Programs, open the ImgBurn Folder, right click the application and select 'Run as Administrator' - then see if you can use this to burn the ISO.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
mubarak258
Message 3 of 3 (5,784 Views)

Re: error 0xc0aa0301

microsoft support cant fix it

drive is working now and i can burn a CD

All the solutions did not soak

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation