Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have dv6-2150ee laptop and it is running very slow so i did a start up test and ("hard disk 1 quick 303") error code appeared so what does it mean please??

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hard disk 1 quick 303 means the Hard Drive has failed the short test.  This means that the Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.  The first thing you should do now is backup all your personal files etc.

If your notebook is still under warranty, return it to HP to have the HDD replaced.  If it's not and you would like a guide on how to replace it yourself ( it's a suprisingly easy procedure ), let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

an error 305 also appeared in the hard disk full check..what does error 305 means?

HP Recommended

Hi,

A Hard Disk 1 Full 305 error means the Hard Drive has failed the long test.  The first thing to do after receiving this error is to back up your personal files etc.

If the notebook is still under warranty, get this replaced by HP.  If it is not and you would like a guide on how to replace this yourself, please let me know.  Include the full Model No. or Part No. of your notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi: I have the same problem, HP pavilion tx2500; p/n FE919UA#ABC; s/n CNF8274D6J, could I get the HD replacement instructions? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I also am having this problem and I am not sure how to back up or replace the hard drive. :Crying:

Can you please help me as well?

It just happened so suddenly and all I get now is a black screen.

Thank you so much !!!

Donnison

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Before this error I also receive a Battery Alert. model# G71-449wm  Prod#: wa606ua

How can I get instructions on replacing the harddrive? Also which is best for my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi all.

I tryed to reinstall Windows on my Pavilion Laptop, during installing it died, and then i dident have a operation system installed.

+ that my computer died after about 3-4 minutes ERROR 601. (Strange cause the AC-Adapter was plugged in)

so i toke out the Harddrive and put it in a nother computer and reinstalled windows 7 and Succes it worked.

then when i put the harddrive back in my HP comp it seemed like it was going to work find got so far (The Screen where it says that windows is starting then it died again) did a system check and it told me ERROR 303.

The big question how can the harddrive work in another laptop, but not on my HP???:smileyfrustrated:

Pls i really need som help here, all help is appriciated 

Thx in advanced 

HP Recommended
Hi i have the same problem with the hard drive can u please tell me how can i backup the data? Thx lots
HP Recommended

So how would someone backup all personal files ect when you cannot get past the blank screen????

Seems very odd an EXPERT would recomend this :womansurprised:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.