Question

Honor Student
legend
Message 1 of 8 (13,545 Views)

fingerprint reader not working

i use pavillion dv2713tu.my fingerprint reader worked properly for a year, but now it is not even reading fingerprints.i tried re-installing the driver but no improvement .What can be the problem?..hardware or software?..somone pls help...
Tutor
kadence
Message 2 of 8 (13,538 Views)

Re: fingerprint reader not working

Hi,

I would like to provide you the links that would help us fix the fingerprint reader issues

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00678197

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00958213#SeeAlso

Please perform the steps listed in the window and let me know if it is fixed or not?:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
legend
Message 3 of 8 (13,531 Views)

hi,

i tried installing DigitalPersona Personal 3.1.0, but during installation it shows "the system cannot verify that the fingerprint reader is installed.Toset up the reader install the driver from application and Driver recovery disc ".i have earlier tried to solve the problem by restoring factory settings , but it was useless.

i now uses windows 7.On the  devices it shows Fingerprint sensor (some "biometric devices") .When i checked its properties it showed hardware working properly..can you help?

Honor Student
flgator
Message 4 of 8 (13,512 Views)

I had this problem and I cleaned the reader with scotch tape and it worked. I now do it every tow months or so. Just a suggestion.
Student
william4u
Message 5 of 8 (2,865 Views)

my fingureprint reader not detecting, why?

Honor Student
chinookid
Message 6 of 8 (2,345 Views)

hi i have a hp envy dv6 and just last night my finger print scaner stopped working the light next to the scaner isint on 

so i checked the device manager and it said that "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"    please help.

Honor Student
chinookid
Message 7 of 8 (2,343 Views)

forgot to add that its a windows 8 computer
Student
Kernibug
Message 8 of 8 (2,095 Views)

Bought the hp Envy, the fingerprint reader worked until about 10 days ago and now I find that the company that has the data is out of business and no support available. HP needs to let us know how to make this feature work again. I presume it will be set up with another software firm. This is a feature sold on this computer and it worked for a week!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation