Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hi,

i am using hp notebook 2000 series past 5 month.

suddenly switches "g","h" and backspace stopped working.

My BIOS configue is : F.26 -02/21/2013(088A120000305910000620100)

do let me know the correct solution.

regards,

chandresh.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

While this may well be a hardware issue, it's always worth trying the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand Keyboards, right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, shut down the notebook - if you're running Window 8/8.1, do this by holding down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot. 

When done, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 20 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu - if it does, select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi David,

thanks for your promp reply...

unluckily this is not working...

do let me know alternative.

regards,

Chandresh

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome Smiley Happy

Boot back into the bios menu and see if tapping the 'g' or 'h' keys produce a tone - if they don't, it would look like a hardware fault with the keyboard and it will probably need to be replaced.

Is your notebook still under warranty? - you can check your warranty status Here.

What's the full Model No. and Product No. of your 2000 series notebook? - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi,

it seems hardware failure....there is no tone while hitting those keys...

but after BIOS default settin, audio settings are disturbed, i am not getting clear voice from laptop.

regards,

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try using Recovery Manager to reinstall your Audio Driver - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the relevant document on the link below.

Recovery Manager - Windows 8.

Recovery Manager - Windows 7

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I tried the steps you outlined above about setting the BIOS settings to default, but now the computer won't boot at all. it says that there is no operating system installed, but when I run diagnostics, it finds the hard drive and tests it and all pass. The error that it gives is 03F0. Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks

Clint

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.