Question

Tutor
FrankFontaine
Message 1 of 3 (362 Views)
Accepted Solution

g6-1d46dx Overheating/Random Hybernation

It has been a little over a year since I purchased my g6-1d46dx. Until now, the only issue I had was a defective CPU and Heatsink. At the time my computer was under warranty and it was reparied quickly. Now my laptop is randomly going into hybernation. I would assume it is due to overheating but I may be wrong. I have checked and all the fans seem to work properly and there apepars to be no blockage. Since my laptop is no longer under warranty what can I do to solve this issue? Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 3 (338 Views)

Re: g6-1d46dx Overheating/Random Hybernation

[ Edited ]

Hello FrankFontaine.

First, ensure that you cleaned all the areas covered in this document.  This will make sure the cooling system is clear of dust and debris.

Also, update your BIOS to the latest version.  Here is a link to the latest BIOS for your notebook.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to perform the diagnostics on your hard drive and memory.  This document covers testing the hard drive.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Tutor
FrankFontaine
Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: g6-1d46dx Overheating/Random Hybernation

I have cleaned vents and checked airflow, it simply is just getting to hot. The laptop is an old model and tends to have problems with heat. Next time I upgrade I'm going for something better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation