Question

Honor Student
Bianca5
Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

hardware issues

Hi,
I think I mihgt have a 'slight' issue with my notebook. I accidentaly closed it a bit harder than I should have and now it's giving me the error warnings about HDD failing and backing up my things. I tried to 'fix' it myself by pressing F1 untill it gave me the option to start up and execute the Windows self repair. It was functioning (by that I mean the operation was in progress) but after it finished I didn't see anything. The screen was just blacked out. Nothing on it. Any ideas what to do next?
Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: hardware issues

Hello Bianca5,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand the computer no longer works properly, and you already tried a hard reset. At this point, I would consider calling HP phone support. The computer is broken and should be repaired. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Bianca5
Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: hardware issues

Hi Mario and thank you for the welcome. I already tried everything possible I could think of and now decided it would be best to just buy new replacement parts. So thank you for your time and reply.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation