hardware issues (68 Views)
Honor Student
Bianca5
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)

hardware issues

Hi,
I think I mihgt have a 'slight' issue with my notebook. I accidentaly closed it a bit harder than I should have and now it's giving me the error warnings about HDD failing and backing up my things. I tried to 'fix' it myself by pressing F1 untill it gave me the option to start up and execute the Windows self repair. It was functioning (by that I mean the operation was in progress) but after it finished I didn't see anything. The screen was just blacked out. Nothing on it. Any ideas what to do next?
HP
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (46 Views)

Re: hardware issues

Hello Bianca5,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand the computer no longer works properly, and you already tried a hard reset. At this point, I would consider calling HP phone support. The computer is broken and should be repaired. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

SuperMario1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Bianca5
Message 3 of 3 (35 Views)

Re: hardware issues

Hi Mario and thank you for the welcome. I already tried everything possible I could think of and now decided it would be best to just buy new replacement parts. So thank you for your time and reply.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation