Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (265 Views)

hey my computer screen is black with a Cairo blinking at the top left corner

My laptop screen is black when I turn it on with a blinking cursor in the top left corner
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (243 Views)

Re: hey my computer screen is black with a Cairo blinking at the top left corner

Hi bigjohnswifedee, welcome to the HP Forums. What is the model number of your notebook? What version of Windows is installed?
How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number?

Which Windows operating system am I running?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (237 Views)

Re: hey my computer screen is black with a Cairo blinking at the top left corner

G6-336NR
Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (235 Views)

Windows 8
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (234 Views)

No it's Windows 7
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)

I think you meant "g61-336nr", so I will go with that. Pick the closest match in this troubleshooting document for instructions: Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation