how can i remove the keyboard for a cleaning? pavillion dv7... (19281 Views)
Honor Student
rodolfo6791
Message 1 of 6 (19,281 Views)

how can i remove the keyboard for a cleaning? pavillion dv7...

hi yesterday i had an accident with the coffe, i splill it in part of the numeric key board, i remove all coffe from the keyboar and wasnt workinf caracteres like 6 , 3 , 2 1 0 and enter, today they are working (eccept enter is not working) but they are very stiky when u push them, i think the system is working good, so i dont need to send to repair the pc, just a full cleaning on the key board, i will be very grateful for any help to open and cleaning process, i have the tool i need direction thanx alot ...

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 2 of 6 (19,264 Views)

Re: how can i remove the keyboard for a cleaning? pavillion dv7...

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN&lang=en&cc=US&hpappid=psml
From the above url ( HP Partner Services Media Library ), do the following;
1. Select Laptop and Tablet PCs in "Product Category".
2. Select HP Pavilion Notebook PCs in "Product Family".
3. Select HP Pavilion dv7-1000/2000/3000 Entertainment Notebook Series in "product Series". You need to figure out it is a 1000, 2000 or 3000 series from your own dv7.
4.After step 3 is selected, you should able to Media selection and additional resources for your dv7-1000/2000/3000 at the bottom of this url.
5. Select FRU remove/Replace. A new window should pop up " HP Service Media Library".
6. Select "Keyboard" to see the video and Keyboard removal procedures.
Since Notebook keyboard is quite different than the normal full desktop keyboard, it may not be easy to clean if the coffee got into the rubberized part of the keys.
Have fun....

Honor Student
rodolfo6791
Message 3 of 6 (19,247 Views)

Thank you very much Clinton, great help, i will follow the steps, ...

Student
psidre
Message 4 of 6 (16,837 Views)

I just wanted to thank you for this post. I followed the instructions in the video which were very helpful. I would like to recommend to others who view this post to note the following:

If you find yourself not knowing how to get the "switch plate" off, instructions for doing so are also available by following the link provided.

I would recommend viewing the instructions for all three: Removing optical drive, switch plate, and keyboard.

Appreciate the help, no more random asterisks for me!

Unfortunately, the keyboard does not work at all now but that's better than it typing on its own. I am now confident enough to purchase a replacement keyboard and install it myself.

.:TRUTH.IS.THE.ONLY.AUTHORITY:.
Honor Student
8kinaa
Message 5 of 6 (11,116 Views)

Re: how can i remove the keyboard for a cleaning? pavillion

how can i remove the keyboard for a cleaning?

Honor Student
8kinaa
Message 6 of 6 (11,113 Views)

keyboard dust and hanging

how can in remove the keyabord cover for  cleaning purpose

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation