Question

Student
pleaseeeehelp
Message 1 of 7 (19,517 Views)

how do i wipe my system clean

my itunes wont update, my jave script wont update i dont believe my computer has any viruses. But i believe wiping my system clean and starting new will help 100% i just need the initial instructions to do so. Please can anyone accurately help me

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 7 (19,508 Views)

Re: how do i wipe my system clean

Save any pictures, personal files, installs of programs and pass words to an external hard drive or flash drive. (or what ever you want)

Shut the laptop down and disconnect any thing you have except the adapter. Also make sure the WiFi is turned on before shutting down.

Upon boot up start immediately tapping the f11 key, this will begin the recovery process.

This will reinstall the OS as it was when it was new.

This is what they call a destructive restore, that's why I had you back up all your personal stuff.

Dean
Vidya
Message 3 of 7 (19,506 Views)

Please refer the following weblink that help you with the details steps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us#RestoreWithoutWindo...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
tat2
Message 4 of 7 (17,202 Views)

i did the f11 deal and it didnt do anything once it went to auto fix next all it did was  give me a high pitched long beeeeeeeep. 

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 7 (17,191 Views)

Hello tat2,

I see that you are having trouble running a recovery on your computer. I would like to help with this problem but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

When you start the computer normally what happens?

When you tried to use the "F11" key did you get anything to display on the screen?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
tat2
Message 6 of 7 (17,165 Views)

yes thank you i'm on an HP Pavilion dv1000,now at times when i look up this comp it also says {CTO},between pavilion and dvand on the comp it also says entertainment notebook.ok now P/N is DZ731AV.  It's hard to say what {normally happens} when i start the comp ,because the freezes and everything else is completely random.  I tried to figure out some kind of patteren,but there isn't one. Now if the system hasnt crashed or froze ,where i have to power down manually, then things start as they should. If on the other hand i have had to power down onc again its all pretty random . At times it will freeze or lock 2,3,4 times before it even actually boots ive seen it stop before the windows image comes up ,while it is on screen and ive seen it load all the way to the main page then lock..I've done SFC/scannow. ive done CMD.bcdedit. rstrui.exe ive reinstalled my OS i had win 7ultimate before i installed my win 8 pro.and even going through the disc it wont allow me to wipe the thing even though it asks..it tells me that it cant once or twice it showed an error code ,,which i cant remember.it has also locked part of the way through the install and it has gotton all the way through..right now on my choose the operating system screen ,,, im not sure what you call it ,sorry but it has 3 different boxes that has win 8 in it 2 of which has something about  number 2,[ like they are duplicates} then on the third it has a number 1 then it has the box that hassomething about recovery enviroment.i've trid to do the refresh which it actually completed once and said something about a driver which i promptly installed..ive tried to do a regular restore but i dont actually have a restore point since i just resently installed the win 8.Sorry ill stop rambling ,, im just at the end of my rope . Okey about the f11 deal since i've installed  win 8 all it will do is either just give me that long high pitched beeeeeepor it will send me to the screen that i mentioned witn the 3 different 8 boxes and the enviroment on it ,when i had 7 on her it allowed me to go to a recovery page one time nut wouldn't let me do it. {  NEVER   }  ha it ever displayed anything that has been discribed in any of the videos ive watched . Im trully at the end of my rope . i know this is an old computer and it would ne alot easier to just get a different one,,but now it's gotten personl  now and i jutg cant let anything beat me espessaly a machine. So if at all possible could you please help..\?? i know i have to get another memory stick ,but since ive installed 8 's doing better then it was with 7 on it. please feel free to contact me whenever needed ,,I work alot but ill respond to your post as soon as i can .I'd like to thank you in advance for your help

respectfully;

gregory mitchell { tat2}

Professor
npw05001
Message 7 of 7 (17,162 Views)

Hello Gregory,

Thanks for the response, just to be sure you currently have Win 8 pro on the computer, is that correct?

You are wanting to wipe the computer clean back to the original state with which OS loaded on it?

Do you have a D: drive listed as recovery inside the computer settings?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation