Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

II had been using Ethernet for my Internet Connection, however, I am abroad and the hotel only has WiFi.  When I tried to use the Wifi the display said Wifi adapter is off.  How do I turn it on

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

By press the F12 Button on the keyboard the wireless should turn on. Also please find the link given below might help you to troubleshoot as well incase you have any issue.

Solve Setup and Internet Connection Issues on a Wireless Network with Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I have had exactly the same problem. Only had laptop a few days. Wifi was working fine then suddenly stopped. F12 doesn't make any difference as airplane mode wasn't on. Can only use Wifi with an ethernet cable at the moment. Please help! I did the troubleshoot and it is saying the 'wifi adaptor has been disabled' Why does that happen and how can I turn it back on?

HP Recommended
Go to start type in device in the search bar
Click on device manager
Click on network adapters
Click on w.e. has WiFi adapter in it
Enable WiFi
And then click f12
This worked for me hope it helps you
HP Recommended

The Wi-Fi adapter in my HP Pavilion is showing as "not connected." It hasn't been disconnected. What do I do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.