Question

Top Student
msystem
Message 1 of 4 (108 Views)

how do you increase the volumne size of a hard drive partition?

how do you increase the volumne size of a hard drive partition? the drive is set up into 3 partitions C, HP_tools and, recovery, C has space and would like to move some to HP_tools that is full. when I run backup I get drive full. I have run backup now to an external drive so that is not an issue.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

Re: how do you increase the volumne size of a hard drive partition?

Hi,

Firstly please don't keep anything in HP_TOOLS except things have been there. You can use Windows systems tool called Disk  Management. Please use the following tutorial:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/resize-a-partition-for-free-in-windows-vista/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
msystem
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

I had already tried what the link you provided sugested. The issue I had was that even after I had made some space available by shrinking a partion, I never got the option to extend the drive volumne that I wanted to

Also, I have never saved anything to hp_tools, not sure what and why HP seem to automaticly do that but that is the drive I keep getting full drive warning about. I'm considering just moving everything from that to my external drive that i use for backup.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

Hi,

HP_TOOLS only have few items. You have to redirect all your saved/downloaded files to different place. You can only expand volume with the same boudary.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation