04-27-2011 04:04 AM
my hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device has stopped working tried to reinstall driver using the device manager but it does not install it says windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (code 19)
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-27-2011 04:09 AM
1. Click Start and then click All Programs.
2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
3. Type regedit, and then click OK.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry sub key:
5. In the right pane, click Upper Filters.
Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click Upper Filters only. If you do not see the Upper Filters registry entry, you still might have to remove the Lower Filters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click yes.
8. In the right pane, click Lower Filters.
9. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
11. Exit Registry Editor.
12. Restart the computer.
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
04-27-2011 04:14 AM
Microsoft Fixit will do all those steps automatically. Just open the link and click Run Now:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
04-17-2012 06:26 PM
I have been working on this problem now for several hours and did the Microsoft Mr. Fix it along with numerous other suggestions but Pankay, you solved it with your detailed instructions. It is much appreciated!!!!!!
10-12-2012 09:52 AM
The easiest way to resolve this is to use Microsoft Fixit. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/mmKWz
I could give you all the long instructions but it is much easier to use Fixit.
Hope this helps!