Question

Honor Student
Saurabh7000
Message 1 of 8 (1,620 Views)

'hp TouchSmart tm2 2050ea' memory upgrading to maximum potential available RAM with speed etc.?

Hello There! I have some questions in regards to my laptop - 'hp TouchSmart tm2 2050' memory memory upgrading possibilities! I want to know - following the above hp laptop model, which is the most highest compatible RAM available for this model?! Is Corsair Memory — '8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9) SKU# CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9' compatible to this or not? OR Is there a better/the best one available by CORSAIR on any other in this regard? Please check the site below: http://ark.intel.com/products/49156?wapkw=intel+32+nm+u5400 IF U CHECK THE LINK ABOVE - THE LINK ABOVE STATES THE EXACT SPECIFICATION OF MY LAPTOP'S PROCESSOR! NOW IN THE MEMORY SPECIFICATION OF THIS PAGE IT STATES THAT THE 'MEMORY TYPES' SUPPORTED IS DDR3 800 i.e. the memory controller speed is 800MHz. Memory Specifications Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 8 GB Memory Types DDR3-800 # of Memory Channels 2 Max Memory Bandwidth 12.8 GB/s Physical Address Extensions 36-bit ECC Memory Supported No Hence, coming back to my first question that if I install a memory RAM of speed 1333MHz then, will that bring harm to my laptop normal working? Well, I did ask some geek who responded that it just may turn out as some waste of money but will that harm the working of the machine if I am not screwing with its overclocking mechanism?!!!! They said I can install it yet. so should i install this RAM of Corsair ('8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9) SKU# CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9') - to my hp touchSmart tm2 2050ea? - Saurabh.
Posted from Facebook
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (1,556 Views)

Re: 'hp TouchSmart tm2 2050ea' memory upgrading to maximum potential available RAM with speed etc.?

Your model uses PC3 1066mhz memory, you can put in slightly faster 1333 memory you are looking at, but the bios will clock it back to 1066.

It should work, contact Corsair to be sure it is compatible with your model PC.

http://www.corsair.com/company/contact/

Honor Student
Saurabh7000
Message 3 of 8 (1,549 Views)

Re: 'hp TouchSmart tm2 2050ea' memory upgrading to maximum potential available RAM with speed etc.?

Ok that was helpful. But what chipset this hp model of mine - hp TouchSmart tm2 2050ea has? That is what motherboard model ID this laptop has?
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 8 (1,547 Views)

You can use CPU-Z to identify the chipset

Motherboard is custom made for HP. You can use F1 key at the HP splash screen at boot time to see details about the system.

Honor Student
Saurabh7000
Message 5 of 8 (1,524 Views)

Well, I can only find - Manufacturer Name: Hewlett-Packard; Model: 1486, 83.20; Chipset: Intel: Havedale/Clarkdale Host Bridge; Southbridge: Intel HM55; LPCIO: NS; BIOS: Insyde.

THIS is the info that I have got through CPU-Z. BUT IT DOES NOT TELLS ME THE EXACT MODEL; AS I AM NOT ABLE TO SEARCH THIS MOTHERBOARD OUT EITHER ON HP's WEBSITEs OR ON INTEL's WEBSITEs!

As far as F1 is concerned it does not give me any information on chipset, so does R/C on My Computer or F2 button on startup!

What here in the above information, exactly states the Motherboard Model here? Can you tell me that?!!!
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 8 (1,520 Views)

You have the HM55 Intel chipset.

You will not be able to search the motherboard, it is a custom built motherboard for HP, and HP does not list drivers for portables using the motherboard, only by the model or product number.

HP Motherboard model is 1486, but this is not good for much.

Honor Student
Saurabh7000
Message 7 of 8 (1,518 Views)

So, potentially how much top level processor upgrading can be done on this motherboard chipset; say in 5 years time but not now! Some geeks said that this can handle i7 Mobile Processor but TILL WHAT RANGE in terms of processor's highest level potential compatiblity on this specific board can be fitted; with various sub-parameters or specs of a given processor?
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 8 of 8 (1,516 Views)

I have no clue, HP does not reveal processor upgradeability for that model, if you know what the original upgrade options for the processer were on the HP website when purchasing, those would be definite possibilities.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation