Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know the meanings of the Advanc Settings Status messages?

I have a battery that is indicating Status: 40C0

The simple status indicates OK (0)

The battery suddenly dies while running with no warning at all.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Fuzzy42,

I see that you're trying to find out what then advanced status: 40c0, refers to with your battery. That the battery in your notebook is just suddenly dieing. I will try to assist you with this.

I wasn't able to find out so far what Status:40c0 means. However, I was able to find a document that may help you with the issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Checking the Status of the Battery - this just shows you how to check the status of the batter using Support Assistant, but at the end of the document it leads to other documents that may be helpful to you as well.

Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge - is the only other document I could find that was not included in the one above, that may be able to help you.

Read over the above documents and any sub-documents for steps to try to resolve the issue of the notebook just shutting off. Please let me know how this all goes.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying, but I had already found the documents you referenced.

HP is great at writing software and never bothering to document it properly.

HP is not like it was in the old days when Bil land Dave ran the place.

Anything HP produced had more than ample documentation, now the less the better.

Then you could rely on the manuals to guide you through every feature and explain it in great detail. If something went astray you could turn to the manual and find what the error message really meant.

Fuzzy42

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.