Question

Tutor
CatFlaps
Message 1 of 9 (6,947 Views)

hp envy x2 which sd card?

Hello,

I've recently purchased an hp envy x2. So far i'm enjoying the setup process and getting to know windows 8. The only downside is that having installed ms office, arcgis and a few personal documents i now have only 7gb hard drive space left.

Can anyone advise what sd card I should buy? I'd prefer to use the mini sd as it's part of the tablet and not the keyboard. so, what brand and what size of sd would be best?

thanks,

cat

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 9 (6,931 Views)

Re: hp envy x2 which sd card?

Hello CatFlaps.

I understand you're looking to purchase a Mini SD card for your Envy x2.  Is this correct?

The current maximum (that I am aware of) is 32GB.  I personally prefer the Sandisk brand but there are many options.

Here is a link to an Amazon page listing many of these cards.

If you have any further questions let me know.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Top Student
Rrezarta
Message 3 of 9 (6,911 Views)

In a video on you tube a person working for HP said that you could have a 64GB card in the tablet part so you must be wrong.

I'm also wondering whether or not I can use a SDXC card, instead of SDHC (I think I recall there being 64GB SDHC cards as well, or?) and wether or not you can have MORE than 64GB in either the keyboeard or the tablet part???

Top Student
Rrezarta
Message 4 of 9 (6,906 Views)

I just found in the manual that SDXC cards are supported in the keyboard part (heres the manual: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/attachments/psg/General/55782/1/c03587560.pdf)

However they dont specify what types of cards the micro SD slot supports :smileysad:

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 9 (6,906 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could you link me to this YouTube video?

I was not aware of these SDXC cards (also, a search of Amazon for "64gb SDHC" returns nothing but SDXC cards), but they do indeed reach the 64GB capacity.  

I looked over both the specifications and the user manual for this device and it did not seem to indicate which SD cards it supports. I did see a few reviews online that mentioned it works (with SDXC) but I can not find official confirmation of that.

Have a Happy Holiday :smileyhappy:

EDIT:  I see that you were able to find some official documentation.  Thanks for posting it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Top Student
Rrezarta
Message 6 of 9 (6,892 Views)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHroxzEZfIY

I think it was around 4:35 that he talks about the micro sd slot and then he claims it can have up to 64GB (not sure if its supposed to be the max or just an example he gives)

The manual explicitly states that the normal sized sd slot takes sdxc, but doesnt specify the micro sd types :smileytongue:

thanks! merry xmas and happy kwanza and all that to you too xD

Intern
JeffJSmith
Message 7 of 9 (6,859 Views)

I have an Envy X2 and can confirm that the 64GB SD cards work in keyboard (full slot) and screen (micro slot). An excellent way to increase storage.
Tutor
CatFlaps
Message 8 of 9 (6,854 Views)

thank you for the replies.

Retired
Antonius_L
Message 9 of 9 (4,541 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation