hp g62-229wm Cooling fan replacement or alternative (1783 Views)
Student
jal4485
Message 1 of 3 (1,783 Views)

hp g62-229wm Cooling fan replacement or alternative

Just recently my laptop of about 8-9 months fell off the table. The battery came out and when I turned it on the screen read somthing like this  'System does not detect fan, it will turn off because its unsafe but you may proceed'  and I haven't turned it on since. So I was wondering if I could use one of those cooling pads always being mentioned on tv as an alternative? As at the moment money is a bit tight and I don't think I would be able to afford getting it fixed.

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 3 (1,736 Views)

Re: hp g62-229wm Cooling fan replacement or alternative

Cooling pads only supplement your notebook fans and do not replace them completely. There can be a possibility that it might cause more problem in future because the notebook would completely stop working because of fan issue on the notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
dapup
Message 3 of 3 (1,019 Views)

Re: hp g62-229wm Cooling fan replacement or alternative

My HP G62 Notebook had the same issue. No heating pad will help. The positioning of the processor fan is too high up.  I had a real computer technician resolve the issue for me by adding a little more copper to the cooling element. You see HP failed to produce proper cooling systems for their desktops and laptops causing the life of them to decrease significantly. This in turn forces the consumer, you and me to purchase more of their products. My brand new HP desktop lasted 2 years. My newer laptop I'm using now starting showing the same signs of over heating. Of course HP can't help you without adding more to your bill. So, my tech friend fixed mine in about 30 minutes at no cost and i can even play games on the laptop without it overheating. HP should be ashamed but, their not. We are all just numbers to them.

NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation