Question

Student
charuncharu
Message 1 of 2 (390 Views)

hp pavilion dm4 making beep sound randomly

i have a hp pavilion dm4 notebook.it is 5 months old now but recently from last few days it makes beep sound randomly although the sound system is mute. otherwise it is working alright but i donot understand why is it making beep sound. sometimes thrice, otherwise a single time sometimes never.i mean there is no pattern.  plz help me how to get rid of this beep sound and why is it occurring???

Student
benman
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dm4 making beep sound randomly

Hi,

I am having the same problem. The laptop makes beep sound while working. I mean after boot up.

In my oppinion that could be from a faulty HDD. I am considering to change the HDD to a good SSD.

There is less chance for other problems. I could hear the sound without any specific pattern.

I have noticed that my system boot up and working too slow even after a clean install of the OS. That means the time to change HDD(getting old). My laptop has a HDD of 7200RPM which means spinning fast and most likely there is chance to fail in a short span of time.

Hope this help you.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation