Question

Student
fiskar327
Message 1 of 4 (9,235 Views)

hp pavilion laptop problem

beware of hp products specifically laptops and desktops. they have faulty designs and they will not fix it even under warranty.this is my story.i Bought a brand new hpdv6812nr at best buy. had problems with the dc power jack from day one and said to myself maybe its just the way it is. as time goes by, its getting loose connection thereby not charging my battery thus losing my work all the time. called up hp customer service. they promised to change the dc power jack to their newly designed "smart pin power configuration." i was so happy! could not believe what i am hearing at that time. you know, you paid good money for good products. but it was short-lived!!! when it reached their technicians in lever, tennessee, they declared there is no problem and the case manager bythe name of kristy chatman that handled my case believed their technicians. not once did the technician called me to clarify somethings on the laptop. they just dismissed it rightaway. i asked what would it take them to believe that there is a problem with the laptop. do i need to execute an affidavit, go to geek squad and have them checked it out. but they declined. upon browsing forums and blogs, i was able to find out that those models were outright have faulty designs on the dc power jack. they send it back to me without doing anything on it. frustrations, deceived and feeling of hatred is boiling inside of me. dont let this thing happen to you guys. as of this time i am writing to every blogs and forums i can find so that other people will not be deceived by hp. i really hate it when people get deceived especially corporations like hp.
Tutor
BBraxton
Message 2 of 4 (9,192 Views)

Re: hp pavilion laptop problem

I see the Model: dv3510nr with 4 GB.

What are the symptoms? 

Student
arturo
Message 3 of 4 (8,614 Views)

Re: hp laptop problem

I heard that HP was offering this repair under an extended warrantly because it was a know problem. Then they continued to produce laptops with the same flaw. Now they won't take it back. Is HP trying to lose customers?
Student
Phoebe2550
Message 4 of 4 (8,550 Views)

Re: hp pavilion laptop problem

Agree with you Fiskar327 . . . we have an HP Pavilion dv6000 purchased in June, 2008.  By November, the AC adaptor connector was frayed.  I plugged it in one day and it popped which shorted out the motherboard.  I returned the laptop to HP for repair (under warranty) and bought a new adaptor from HP for $83.71.  After three months, the HP "genuine" adaptor connection pin BROKE OFF just outside of the 90 day warranty.  Bought another adaptor (this time on Amazon) for $20.  Works fine but now the AC adaptor connection is working intermittently.  Just called HP to see if they will fix it.  This is a known issue on some models of HP Pavilion; but not my model and the warranty for the replaced motherboard ran out after three months.  It's going to cost me $400.00 to fix the faulty AC connection on the laptop. Forget it. 

We've had the laptop for less than a year and we've had to replace the motherboard once and the power adaptor three times.  Garbage.  I'll never buy anything from HP again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation