Question

Student
CharithMania
Message 1 of 2 (571 Views)

hp pavillion g6 2149tx Key board not working

I recently bought a Laptop ( HP pavillion g6 2149tx ) and it's keyboard found not functioning while working.  Just 7days after bought.

The keyboard of hp pavillion g6 2149tx not showing in the Device manager and not shows in the hardware tab of Control Panel. So that no way to work with the Laptop.

Thank You !

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (559 Views)

Re: hp pavillion g6 2149tx Key board not working

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu.  If it does, select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

If the above doesn't correct the issue, my best advice would be to return the notebook to the retailer it was purchased from and get a replacement.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation